Re: What is possible with static ip?

thanks everybody for your help.

i've been using debian exclusively for years now and although i'm somewhat
familiar with bash, C++/Qt etc, networking is not my strong suit. Apologies
for being off topic, debuser just seemed like a community I could reach out
to.

Can someone please point their browser at 202.49.187.138 to help me
establish what exactly my isp has done?

I plan to read the network administrators guide. Are there other docs I
should look at as well?

Lastly, if I had one box for sharing, and one for personal work, should I
connect them both to the router, or put the personal box behind the other
one?

Ta, Matt.