Re: Evolution - Old Messages Keep Coming Back

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

> ¿POP3 or IMAP?
>
> If the former, check your Gmail account settings for POP3. Maybe you have
> left selected "keep a copy of received messages" or something like
> that :-?

I'm using POP, since that is what I am most familiar with.  I checked
my settings on my account several times, and I definitely have it set
to delete messages after downloading.  I also set IMAP to disabled
just in case that was causing some problems.  Also, my "trash" on
GMail is empty, and new messages still are not being downloaded
(having to post this reply via the GM web interface because of this.

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 12:07 PM, Paul Cartwright
<debian@pcartwright.com> wrote:

> gmail isn't good about REALLY deleting things, and it might be you have
> to check the "empty trash on exit" box for that account in Evolution(
> then you may have to shut down evolution to get it to empty..). You
> should also only have "download NEW messages" selected(if there is an
> option like that). In Gmail you may have the messages filtered to only
> show new messages, but the old ones may still be there... I get gmail
> messages in Thunderbird, and I also used it in Kmail, but never
> evolution, sorry.. Maybe you need to move the gmail messages ( in gmail)
> to another folder OUT of the inbox, to get it to stop..

Empty trash on exit is definitely set for all accounts, and in the web
interface, all messages are set to show (new and read).  For now, I
have my GM settings set to dl all messages and delete them off the
server.  So when I hit Send and Receive, 111 or so should download
(since that is all that is actually sitting in my account).  But those
111 are not coming down and instead another thousand or so old
messages (same ones as before) keep showing up.

I know it is silly, but here are a couple screenies showing my
eVolution inboxes before fetching mail, and after.

Before:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/Scarletdown/Misc-Stuff/Mail-Before.jpg

After:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/Scarletdown/Misc-Stuff/Mail-After.jpg

All of the "newly arrived" messages (which are actually old messages
that refuse to die) filtered into the assorted directories are from
the one GMail account that is having this problem (plus there are a
bunch of unfiltered messages there in Inbox that are also from this
same account.)  I am suspecting that we have some sort of corrupted
database here clientside.  But where to start looking?  I have no
idea.