Re: Evolution - Old Messages Keep Coming Back

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 12:38:06 -0800, Scarletdown wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Camaleón wrote:
>

>> ¿POP3 or IMAP?
>>
>> If the former, check your Gmail account settings for POP3. Maybe you
>> have left selected "keep a copy of received messages" or something like
>> that :-?
>>

> I'm using POP, since that is what I am most familiar with.  I checked my
> settings on my account several times, and I definitely have it set to
> delete messages after downloading.

O.k. Ensure you have also selected "[x] Enable POP for mail that arrives
from now on" so you only get new mails and not all the previously stored
ones.

> I also set IMAP to disabled just in case that was causing some
> problems.

AFAIK, only POP3 or IMAP can be enabled at a time (I mean, you can have
just POP3 enabled or IMAP, but not both).

> Also, my "trash" on GMail is empty, and new messages still are not
> being downloaded (having to post this reply via the GM web interface
> because of this.

Try by sending an e-mail from your Gmail account to yor Gmail account
using Evolution and see what happens.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón