Re: Evolution - Old Messages Keep Coming Back

On Lu, 22 nov 10, 12:38:06, Scarletdown wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > ¿POP3 or IMAP?
> >
> > If the former, check your Gmail account settings for POP3. Maybe you have
> > left selected "keep a copy of received messages" or something like
> > that :-?
> >

> I'm using POP, since that is what I am most familiar with.  I checked
> my settings on my account several times, and I definitely have it set
> to delete messages after downloading.  I also set IMAP to disabled
> just in case that was causing some problems.  Also, my "trash" on
> GMail is empty, and new messages still are not being downloaded
> (having to post this reply via the GM web interface because of this.

POP on Gmail has always been a bit strange, but I never had this issue.
It sounds like Evolution does not know what messages it has already
downloaded.

Anyway, my suggestion would be to use IMAP instead, which has its own
quirks, but its particular behaviour is pretty well documented all over
the net.

Regards,
Andrei