They're related to libjnb (I have an old creative mp3
"jukebox" I plug every once in a while), and xserver-wacom
(I do *not* have a tablet). I've also noticed all these messages
repeat three times (in /var/log/syslog). I guess this corresponds
to the three instances of "udevd" I see running. By the way I
have a similar behaviour on an unstable install on the same system...

thanks for any suggestion,

-bald

On 2010-11-21 15:28, Wolodja Wentland wrote:
On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 11:53 +0100, baldyeti wrote:
I've performed a mostly uneventful lenny->squeeze upgrade
On bootup though I see a lot of udev-related messages scrolling
by (see below for exmaples). Can someone comment if these are
harmless and how to get rid of them ?

Before trying to debug what is wrong with each of these rules it might
be a good idea to remove configuration files of no longer installed
packages. These configuration files and, in particular, udev rules are
not updated if the package is no longer installed but still linger
around. The easiest way to get rid of these removed (but not purged!)
packages is to execute:

     # aptitude purge ~c

Please review the list of packages that are going to be purged carefully
as you might not want to remove configuration files for all of them.

If that does not help, we can start to have a look at the specific
errors.

Have fun

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.