Re: lotsa udev warnings after lenny->squeeze upgrade

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 11:53 +0100, baldyeti wrote:
> I've performed a mostly uneventful lenny->squeeze upgrade
> On bootup though I see a lot of udev-related messages scrolling
> by (see below for exmaples). Can someone comment if these are
> harmless and how to get rid of them ?

Before trying to debug what is wrong with each of these rules it might
be a good idea to remove configuration files of no longer installed
packages. These configuration files and, in particular, udev rules are
not updated if the package is no longer installed but still linger
around. The easiest way to get rid of these removed (but not purged!)
packages is to execute:

    # aptitude purge ~c

Please review the list of packages that are going to be purged carefully
as you might not want to remove configuration files for all of them.

If that does not help, we can start to have a look at the specific
errors.

Have fun
--
  .''`.     Wolodja Wentland    <wolodja.wentland@ed.ac.uk>
 : :'  :

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.