Re: How to check which package are from multimedia.org?

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 09:14:09 +0200
Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Du, 14 nov 10, 20:27:15, Celejar wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > The problem was fixed in a newer version of audacity, and Marillat, who
> > is *extremely* responsive, quickly put that version into his repo, but
> > the point is that you'll occasionally bump into things like that, and
> > the Debian maintainer response can be a bit offputting - from the
> > above report:
> >
> > -----
> >
> > Above package versions are not official Debian packages.
> >
> > Debian unfortunately cannot guarantee compatibility with externally
> > built packages.
> >
> > Please use Debian packages, or work with those unofficial package
> > providers to improve their compatibility with Debian.
> >

> > Bug hereby closed.  Please do tell us if your experienced problem is
> > reproducible using only Debian packages, and we will investigate
> > further.
> >
> > And please do continue to file bugreports - even if this one is judged
> > as "wrong": We really appreciate the feedback!
> >
> > -----
>
> Off-putting? I think the response is very nice...

Perhaps I took it the wrong way, but I thought that the maintainer
could have been a bit more cooperative and sympathetic, given that
we're dealing with a repo which is widely used and practically
official, even though it technically isn't.

Celejar