Re: How to check which package are from multimedia.org?

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 12:23:44 +0000, Artur Frydel wrote:

(...)

> I've found w32codecs also. Thery are needed by mplayer to work witch
> some windows codecs? Am I right?

Yes.

> Is any method to replace this packet - not using multimedia?

IIRC, "w32codecs" is only needed for uncommon/rare codecs because main
codecs are included within mplayer.

Anyway, if you don't want to use multimedia repo (why? :-?) you can
always fetch binary codecs from MPlayer site and put them inside MPlayer
codecs folder (I don't think this is a task you have to perform very
often...)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón