Re: Movemail not getting emails

On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 02:05:59 -0600, Stan Hoeppner wrote:

> Camaleón put forth on 11/8/2010 1:31 AM:
>> On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 18:59:35 -0500, Paul Cartwright wrote:
>>
>>> # postconf -n
>> (...)
>>> home_mailbox = Maildir/
>> (...)
>>> mailbox_command = procmail -a "$EXTENSION"
>>                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>> "mailbox_command" has preference over "home_mailbox" :-)
>>
>> So you are sending your e-mails to Procmail instead Dovecot. Try by
>> removing that variable ("mailbox_command =") or you'll have to tell
>> Procmail where to store e-mails.
>>
>> Remember to reload Postfix (/etc/init.d/postfix reload) after any
>> change in "main.cf".
>

> If I understand Paul's setup correctly, Postfix isn't used at all for
> inbound mail. There is no MX record that points to his Linux host IP
> and his external provider, JustHost, does not forward the mail to his
> Postfix daemon.  Paul fetches all his mail from JustHost with fetchmail.

He is using a similar setup than mine and here I'm using Postfix for
local e-mail delivery (Fetchmail → Postfix → Cyrus (imap sever). It has
its uses and it turns out to be a very flexible and power solution. The
only difference is that I'n not using Procmail at all.

> Please clarify if this is the case Paul.  If it is, making changes to
> the Postfix config files is irrelevant, and we shouldn't be discussing
> Postfix at all as its not involved in your problems.  And, if you're not
> relaying mail through this Linux box, you could simply uninstall Postfix
> altogether as it's not needed.

I would leave Postfix (or any other MTA) while using Dovecot.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón