Re: Movemail not getting emails

Camaleón put forth on 11/8/2010 1:31 AM:
> On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 18:59:35 -0500, Paul Cartwright wrote:
>
>> # postconf -n
> (...)
>> home_mailbox = Maildir/
> (...)
>> mailbox_command = procmail -a "$EXTENSION"
>                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> "mailbox_command" has preference over "home_mailbox" :-)
>
> So you are sending your e-mails to Procmail instead Dovecot. Try by
> removing that variable ("mailbox_command =") or you'll have to tell
> Procmail where to store e-mails.
>
> Remember to reload Postfix (/etc/init.d/postfix reload) after any change
> in "main.cf".

If I understand Paul's setup correctly, Postfix isn't used at all for
inbound mail.  There is no MX record that points to his Linux host IP
and his external provider, JustHost, does not forward the mail to his
Postfix daemon.  Paul fetches all his mail from JustHost with fetchmail.

Please clarify if this is the case Paul.  If it is, making changes to
the Postfix config files is irrelevant, and we shouldn't be discussing
Postfix at all as its not involved in your problems.  And, if you're not
relaying mail through this Linux box, you could simply uninstall Postfix
altogether as it's not needed.

--
Stan