[SOLVED]RE: Number pad doesn't work gnome(squeeze) HPE-337c-b keyboard 5335u

@ Camale� must have missed that post but, this solved it. Thanks to all who pitched in.
Now, I will go hide my red faced embarrassment  and forget it and drive on.

System - Preferences - Keyboard - Mouse Keys -- Uncheck the
box that says "Allow to control the pointer using the keyboard".

If that isn't it, sorry. I turned this on with a weird series of
keyboard presses a couple times.