Re: Number pad doesn't work gnome(squeeze) HPE-337c-b keyboard 5335u

On 2010-10-26, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> System - Preferences - Keyboard - Mouse Keys -- Uncheck the box that
>>> says "Allow to control the pointer using the keyboard".
>>>
>>> If that isn't it, sorry.  I turned this on with a weird series of
>>> keyboard presses a couple times.
>>
>> Yes! That fixed it. Thank you!
>
> I already suggested that to Bill on this thread but it seems to cause no
> effect (or at least no response from him) :-?

You can have the credit.  Of course, I said the above months ago, in my
only other post to this mailing list, but unfortunately at the time it
was the right answer to the wrong question.

;-)

I think to prevent this from happening inadvertently you must turn off
"Allow to turn accessibility features on and off from the keyboard"
in System - Preferences - Keyboard - Accessibility.