Re: basic ping diff with windows ping

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 10:25:13 +0100, Adam Hardy wrote:

> Camaleón on 25/10/10 07:51, wrote:

>> I come with additional magic (it's just a matter of playing with
>> traceroute modifiers):
>>
>> traceroute -I -z 1 -q 1 mktgw1.ibllc.com
>
> That is the final incantation that does everything. The sorcerer's
> apprentice is ready to try his luck on his own.

:-)

The potion can be improved to get a closer mimic of the windows "tracert":

traceroute -I -z 500 mktgw1.ibllc.com

(1 second generates much delay, by reducing to 500ms we can leave the 3
stantard queries without hassle)

> Seriously slightly quirky, but now it's better than windows again, which
> is the way it should be.

The only thing it could make a difference between Windows "tracert" and
Linux "traceroute" is iptables but I 'm not sure about that (how can
iptables interfere with traceroute, by blocking/filtering packets? :-?)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón