Re: Captured Video Not Producing Sound on Some Systems

On 10/24/10, Rob Owens <rowens@ptd.net> wrote:
> That was a hunch I had, and I corrected it in the sample video I sent
> you.  Here's what I did.
>
> 1)  Get the audio track from the video:
>
> ffmpeg -i yourvideo.flv -vn sound.wav
>
> 2)  Get the video track from the video:
>
> ffmpeg -i yourvideo.flv -vcodec copy -an video.flv
>
> 3)  Open the audio track in Audacity.  On the left of the screen, click
> the drop-down menu next to the audio track name.  Choose "split stereo
> track".  Now you can delete the bad audio channel, then copy and paste
> the good one over.  Then export as something lossless (flac or wav --
> I'll use sound-fixed.flac in my example).
>
> Note that you could instead do "Stereo to Mono" under the Tracks menu,
> but that combines the good and bad channel, resulting in half the volume
> of the original.
>
> 4)  Combine the video with the corrected audio:
>
> ffmpeg -i video.flv -i sound-fixed.flac -vcodec copy yourfixedvideo.flv
>

> Explanation of some ffmpeg switches:

That is similar to how I repaired my videos, except I used AVIDemux
instead of ffmpeg to pull the audio out and put it back in.  Other
than that, that was pretty much the exact process I used.  On one box
I did the Split Track and delete bad method, and on the other I did
the Stereo to Mono option, because I could not find the first option
on that system's version of Audacity.  I'm sure it's there somewhere,
but I got tired of looking for it.

(ProTip to any lurking devs.  Stop Changing the ****** interface
around for no apparent reason please.  If it's broke, don't try to fix
it.)  :p