Re: Captured Video Not Producing Sound on Some Systems

On 10/23/2010 04:17 AM, Scarletdown wrote:
I'm having some problems with videos I have made from an external USB
capture device.  One Linux machine I am testing on fails to play the
music from the videos.  Instead, I get a bunch of high pitched static.

The captures were done on a Windows machine with WinDVR (it's highly
doubtful that this capture device has any *NIX drivers), which
defaults to mpeg video and mp2 audio apparently, with no obvious way
to save to any other format.

Here is one of the videos I made:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5XJYgfQk5I

It plays fine on the 2 Windows boxes I tested it on, as well as on one
Debian box.  However, the other Debian box (and the Wii via the
Internet channel) fail to play the sound.  I'm sure the problem is in
the file itself and not the machines that it failed on, but I have no
idea where to begin troubleshooting,

Are the two Debian boxes "the same"? I.e., both up-to-date {Stable|Testing|Sid} with the same libraries installed?

--
Seek truth from facts.