Re: change in behavior of iptables with respect to firestarter

On Friday 22 October 2010 14:57:15 Gilbert Sullivan wrote:
> On 10/22/2010 06:00 PM, Greg Madden wrote:
> > On Friday 22 October 2010 11:00:40 Gilbert Sullivan wrote:
> >> Does this have something to do with Firestarter being started (or not
> >> started) at different run levels during startup? I briefly see something
> >> about it scrolling by, but I never get a chance to read it.
> >
> > You can use 'dmesg |grep<service/>  ' to see what happens during boot.
>
> Hi,
>
> Many thanks for the idea.
>
> I get no result from any variation of "fire I can think of to substitute
> for <service/>.
>
> I had already pored over dmesg to see if I could find anything, and it
> was to no avail. (I really have to get off my lazy behind and start
> studying things like use of grep with the logs.)
>
> As I said to Rob, I'm thinking I've got a "project" for the weekend.
>
> Ouch! The wife just saw me type that!
>
> Regards,
> Gilbert

'firestarter' has a script in '/etc/init.d' and gets started by a link in a run
level, check that out.

As mentioned 'iptables -L' will show if it gets started. This is independent of
whether or not the 'firestarter' gui is used.

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.