Re: change in behavior of iptables with respect to firestarter

On 10/22/2010 06:00 PM, Greg Madden wrote:

On Friday 22 October 2010 11:00:40 Gilbert Sullivan wrote:

Does this have something to do with Firestarter being started (or not
started) at different run levels during startup? I briefly see something
about it scrolling by, but I never get a chance to read it.

You can use 'dmesg |grep<service/>  ' to see what happens during boot.

Hi,

Many thanks for the idea.

I get no result from any variation of "fire I can think of to substitute for <service/>.

I had already pored over dmesg to see if I could find anything, and it was to no avail. (I really have to get off my lazy behind and start studying things like use of grep with the logs.)

As I said to Rob, I'm thinking I've got a "project" for the weekend.

Ouch! The wife just saw me type that!

Regards,
Gilbert