Re: scrollbar on left side

On 10/22/2010 09:44 AM, lee wrote:
On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 12:24:46PM +0200, Roel Schroeven wrote:
lee wrote:
On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 11:39:22PM +0200, Andreas Weber wrote:
On 2010-10-21 22:48, lee wrote:
On a side note: Someone once asked me why the text is moving up when
you move the scrollbar down. Where´s the logic in that? Why isn´t the
text moving up together with the scroll bar?
Seriously? It indicates the position in the document, and so it behaves.

Yes, seriously, and I do see the point. You move the text with the
scrollbar, so why does the text move into the opposite direction of
the scrollbar?

Because it doesn't move the text, it moves the viewing window in the text.

The window isn´t moving, it remains at the same place on the
display. When you move the window, the contents move with it. When you
move the scrollbar, the contents of the window move. So you can´t
argue that movement is relative.

I knew that Roel's use of the phrase "viewing window" would confuse someone. There's more than one use of the word "window".

--
Seek truth from facts.