Re: scrollbar on left side

On 2010-10-21 22:48, lee wrote:
> On a side note: Someone once asked me why the text is moving up when
> you move the scrollbar down. Where´s the logic in that? Why isn´t the
> text moving up together with the scroll bar?

Seriously? It indicates the position in the document, and so it behaves.

> Scrollbars are a good idea, but surprisingly, their implementation
> hasn´t been thought out more than half way at best. Why is that?

One started and this is how it is today. It may have had a reason in the
beginning, and now the vast majority is used to it. This doesn't mean it
makes any sense. If everything was sense driven, we (still: the
majority) wouldn't use QWERT keyboards anymore.

And doing GUI programming means that you can do the best you can think
of and there will always be some smart person knowing it better. Asking
5 people will give you 7.5 opinions, depending on the weather mostly I
guess. ;-)

<joking>Do more vi at the console, it'll teach you to get rid of that
trackball which is a bad habit anyway.</joking>

ändu