Re: Debian 6.0 'Squeeze' home server - Installation guide

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 10:24:18AM -0400, B. Alexander wrote:
> In any case, you should definitely have your firewall on a separate machine,
> bare metal if possible. I also recommend your backup machine be on a
> separate bare metal machine. That said, you can probably combine your
> various web servers, etc.

Hm, running three (or even more) computers for the purpose seems a
little overdone. I agree that it would be better to use a bare one for
a firewall, router and proxy. Backups are probably not needed in this
case ...

Can this be safely done with virtualization?