Re: Debian 6.0 'Squeeze' home server - Installation guide

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 08:25:03PM +0000, Pinguim.ribeiro wrote:

> I mean the popularity-contest depends on exim4 | mail-transport-agent,
> packages to be installed later and not by the debian installer.

You would select to install exim4-daemon-heavy anyway, along with
clamav and spamassassin. The installer installs these for you, but
it´s up to you to set them up.

If you need IMAP, you´d install courier-imap (if you don´t want to use
cyrus). I haven´t tried courier-imap yet, but it seems to be pretty
much the only IMAP server that supports maildir.

Having that said, once you have set up a minimal system capable of
providing the services you need, you could put the output of 'dpkg
--get-selections' into the guide :)