Debian 6.0 'Squeeze' home server - Installation guide

Hello all,

Since a few year, I'm maintaining a couple of 'Debian Home Server Installation
Guides' in Portuguese. Now for the third edition I became more ambitious and the
guide will be available also in English ;-)

The main goals are the same as the previews editions: to share with all Linux
enthusiasts how to set up a full featured Linux home (or small office) server,
but keeping implementation and maintenance as simple as possible.

In a easy to follow way (you can copy and paste all you need) this site will
guide you step by step through:

    * Debian 6.0 'Squeeze' installation
    * System configuration (network, software, remote access,
      system clock, ...)
    * Internal server (local network auto configuration,
      file sharing with Windows or Mac clients,
      antivirus and anti-spam filtering, ...)
    * Intranet server (web server, instant messaging,
      proxy server with content filtering, media server,
      revision control server, ...)
    * E-mail server (secure IMAP server, webmail interface,
      anti-spam e anti-virus filtering integration, e-mail fetching, ...)
    * Internet server (http e https with php and MySQL support,
      secure ftp, webdav, ...)
    * System monitoring (graphical interface, system statistics,
      e-mail notifications, ...)
    * Security (intrusion detection system, security auditing,
      e-mail notifications, )

So please take a look at: http://debianserver.wikidot.com/squeeze:start

Your feedback will be very welcomed, so please share your opinion, corrections,
questions and suggestions here or in the forum!

For years Linux and the Linux community helped me a lot! These sites are my
retribution to the Linux community!

I hope this guide will help you to!

And if you like it, please spread the word: tell a friend, tell the world!

Enjoy!
PinguimRibeiro
[]

Portuguese sister projects: