Re: scrollbar on left side

On 10/23/2010 06:44 AM, lee wrote:
On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 11:15:52AM +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Vi, 22 oct 10, 01:25:28, lee wrote:
On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 04:34:49PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
On 10/21/2010 03:48 PM, lee wrote:

On a side note: Someone once asked me why the text is moving up when
you move the scrollbar down. Where´s the logic in that? Why isn´t the
text moving up together with the scroll bar?

Take a piece of construction paper and cut a 2mm slit in it.

Now open a book to the middle and put the construction paper on the
book's page so that you only see the first few lines.

As you pull down the slit, the visible lines appear to move *up* the
slit.

But who´s reading books like that?

We are. Even Superman has to turn pages (he never used his super sight
to just read an entire book at once), so his slit is one page big,
whereas ours is just a few rows big ;)

Even assuming you could comprehend an entire book at once, our
view-angle is limited, so we can only look at a limited part of a big
text at once.

Still we don´t put construction paper with a small slit in it onto the
pages of books we´re reading, and the text on the pages isn´t moving.

Buy a Kindle...

--
Seek truth from facts.