Re: icedove and iceweasel not recognizing chromium-browser as default browser

On 10/14/2010 04:01 AM, Camaleón wrote:
On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 19:15:10 -0400, Gilbert Sullivan wrote:
Why on earth would the Mozilla people set the mail client to behave this
way?

Mozilla applications handle those things based on their own stuff/code
(mime types, network protocols... are all in charge of Firefox/
Thunderbird).

On linux systems that causes a bit of mess because every desktop
environment (GNOME, KDE...) has its own defined rules for taking care of
this and they collide. So usually, users has to make some tweaks to get
the behaviour they want.

Thank you for that information. I prefer it when developers try to make their software integrate easity with the environments in which it's used. Maybe I'll look into going away from Icedove/Iceweasel. But, for the time being, you've made life with that pair a little more convenient for me.

I see your posts all the time on the lists. You certainly are useful to have around!

;-)

Regards,
Gilbert