Re: Installing avahi-daemon crashes kernel, corrupts filesystem

On 13 October 2010 22:35, Jordan Metzmeier <titan8990@gmail.com> wrote:
> The person responding indicates a kernel problem, which makes sense when
> you actually get a kernel panic as a result. This was also indicated on
> this list.

I'm trying to figure out if there's a simpler way to trigger it, but
haven't really figured that out.

> However, it appears that the log you included was the custom kernel you
> attempted to use as directed by the others on this list. Make sure you
> when you report the bug, you include relevant logs for the kernel
> packaged by Debian.

I only used the custom kernel to get debugging information. The
configuration is the same, but I can do both.

> Disabling support for ipv6 can actually be done via a kernel parameter,
> so recompiling to remove ipv6 support should not be needed. Use the
> kernel parameter "ipv6.disable=1".

Good point. It seemed that there was no module to blacklist after all.

— Jason