Re: Installing avahi-daemon crashes kernel, corrupts filesystem

On 10/13/2010 05:16 AM, Jason Heeris wrote:
> Before I go off to bugzilla, I just want to check that I've actually
> got debugging information here, since to me it doesn't look that
> different. Do I need to boot with a special kernel arg?

Looks like this bug was reported on the avahi upstream mailing list [1].

The person responding indicates a kernel problem, which makes sense when
you actually get a kernel panic as a result. This was also indicated on
this list.

The 'reportbug' tool will include quite a bit of information for you in
the report, so adding additional logs to the bug report may not even be
needed.

However, it appears that the log you included was the custom kernel you
attempted to use as directed by the others on this list. Make sure you
when you report the bug, you include relevant logs for the kernel
packaged by Debian.

Disabling support for ipv6 can actually be done via a kernel parameter,
so recompiling to remove ipv6 support should not be needed. Use the
kernel parameter "ipv6.disable=1".

Good luck!

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/avahi@lists.freedesktop.org/msg01550.html

Regards,