Re: KDE Question

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 19:11:29 -0700, Kelly Clowers wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 15:39, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> use plain desktop, disable akonadi, strigi and that stuff, forget
>> activities, return to the standard icons on the desktop..
>
> Out of all the awesome things in KDE4 why would disable some of the very
> best?

Because they tend to make plasma crashing, more often than we would like.
And semantic desktop (nepomuk, akonadi, strigi) is indeed a nice
feature... when all the components play nice together (this is an ongoing
work, not fully accomplished right now). Also, it can be very resource
intensive and old computers can face problems.

But again, I think the point is that people can get what they want, and
that was precisely the main advantage of KDE (user customization). I have
to admit that KDE 4.0 was a disaster but nowadays is perfectly workable.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón