Re: [FOLLOWUP] video card reccomendation

On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 22:05:44 +0200
Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> wrote:
<snippy>
> > The 6 series is still supported 195.36.31 series which is the
> > newest in squeeze, its even still supported in the newest 2xx
> > driver.
>
> Ah, I see.  Then Rick has some other problem, thanks for the
> correction.

No problem.

> > It seems the nouveau driver has some problems with the 6100.
>
> I've read that too, but isn't the 6100 an IGP and rather different
> from the 6200?

Oh my, My head was all full of 6100 stuff from an earlier thread, my
mistake.

It should work perfectly with the 6200

> In any case, more feedback on nouveau would be welcome.  We've got a
> few positive answers when the package was uploaded in March, but
> since then all we received are a dozen of more or less serious bugs
> reports. That's probably not so many actually, but sometimes I still
> wonder if nouveau works for any Debian user except myself.

When it first got uploaded into testing, I used it before I had to go
back to the blob, and it worked perfectly for me, nice VT's, very fast
VT switching (better than the blob) and detected my primary display
perfectly.

This is with a GTX260core.

I never got around to setting up my 2nd screen, so I cant comment there.

> Sven

------
Regards,

Angus Hedger

Debian GNU/Linux User	PGP Public Key 0xEE6A4B97