Re: [FOLLOWUP] video card reccomendation

On 2010-10-03 21:23 +0200, Mark Allums wrote:

> On 10/3/2010 1:49 PM, Sven Joachim wrote:
>
>> Maybe it does now, but NVidia has announced to stop supporting in the
>> future, and I think it will be removed from Debian at some point after
>> the Squeeze release.
>>
>> Would be nice if you could give the nouveau driver a try, it is already
>> the default in Squeeze.
>
> Nouveau is not the default in squeeze.

It is since xserver-xorg-core 2:1.7.7-2, uploaded four months ago.
Which reminds me that I need to update the README.Debian in
xserver-xorg-video-nouveau which still says otherwise.

> Nvidia has not stopped supporting nv, and won't until Nouveau is ready.

They care a shit about Nouveau, the only question is whether they care
enough to adapt their driver to future X server versions.

Sven