Re: [FOLLOWUP] video card reccomendation

On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 14:37:20 -0500
Mark Allums <mark@allums.com> wrote:

> >> You need the following packages:
> >> nvidia-glx : user-space bites
> >> libgl1-nvidia-glx : libgl1 for the nvidia driver
> >> nvidia-libvdpau1 : Makes vdpau work
> >> nvidia-settings : Settings for the nvidia driver
> >> nvidia-xconfig : builds a working xorg.conf
> >> nvidia-kernel-2.6-686 : Meta package will keep the nVidia kernel
> >> modules in lockset with new stock kernels
> >>
> >> Run
> >>
> >> # nvidia-xconfig

Hes using the precompiled nvidia-kernel-arch modules, so im not sure if
m-a is needed, But, as I dont use the drivers from the repo, you may be
right.

> I should also say that nvidia-xconfig may not work because X had a
> bug. I don't know if it's fixed.

I checked, and its marked as fixed, I think?

------
Regards,

Angus Hedger

Debian GNU/Linux User	PGP Public Key 0xEE6A4B97