Re: [FOLLOWUP] video card reccomendation

On 10/3/2010 2:23 PM, Mark Allums wrote:
On 10/3/2010 1:49 PM, Sven Joachim wrote:

Maybe it does now, but NVidia has announced to stop supporting in the
future, and I think it will be removed from Debian at some point after
the Squeeze release.

Would be nice if you could give the nouveau driver a try, it is already
the default in Squeeze.

Nouveau is not the default in squeeze.

Nvidia has not stopped supporting nv, and won't until Nouveau is ready.

I should say: You are correct that this was/is the plan. But it hasn't actually happened yet, AFAIK.