Re: Lost keyboard in KDE 3.5.10 on Lenny.

El 2010-09-30 a las 21:25 +0100, Lisi Reisz escribió:

(please, reply to the list so anyone can see your messages, not just me :-) )

> On 30 September 2010 18:16, Camaleón wrote:

> > Okay, then tell us a bit more about your problem.
> >
> > Keyboard type (USB, PS/2)?
>
> I have tried both.  Neither works.

Wow.

> > Have you tried to attach another keyboard device, just for testing if
> > it works with your usual user?

> See above!

Yep. Very weird, indeed. I've never seen something like that. Hardware
detection issues (and PS/2 keyboard is a low-lovel peripheral) tends to
be a wide problem affecting all users, not just one. I fail to see how
KDE3 user settings can lead to your current  situation :-?

> > Years ago, when I was using KDE3, cleaning the KDE user temp. folder helped a
> > lot for solving this kind of (weird) problems...
>
> Worth a try.  Thanks.  I'll report back.

Okay :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón