Re: lilo config is busted, need help fixing it

Try reinstalling your kernel, or if you compiled your own, install a recent
linux-image-2.6.32.5 from Sid. The postinstall script will point /etc/fstab
and lilo.conf to the newer UUID references and then it should play.

The postinstall for home-brew kernels does not do this for you, I'm afraid and
I was dead in the water for a few weeks till I installed the stock image.

(Afterwards, you do not need to keep it if your home-brew kernel now boots
OK.)