Re: lilo config is busted, need help fixing it

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 11:57:25 +0200
David Baron <d_baron@012.net.il> wrote:

> Try reinstalling your kernel, or if you compiled your own, install a
> recent linux-image-2.6.32.5 from Sid. The postinstall script will
> point /etc/fstab and lilo.conf to the newer UUID references and then
> it should play.
>
> The postinstall for home-brew kernels does not do this for you, I'm
> afraid and I was dead in the water for a few weeks till I installed
> the stock image.
>
> (Afterwards, you do not need to keep it if your home-brew kernel now
> boots OK.)

I deleted one of the older images and when it finished I got this mess:

Could not find postrm hook script [lilo-update].
Looked in: '/bin', '/sbin', '/usr/bin', '/usr/sbin'
Examining /etc/kernel/postrm.d .
Purging configuration files for linux-image-2.6.18-6-amd64 ...
Could not find postrm hook script [lilo-update].
Looked in: '/bin', '/sbin', '/usr/bin', '/usr/sbin'
Examining /etc/kernel/postrm.d .

clearly I did not follow Mr. Powells guide correctly.

Fun project for the weekend.

 Brian