Re: ps - Illegal Instruction

On 9/20/2010 9:29 PM, Scott Ferguson wrote:
  On 21/09/10 11:08, Jerry Stuckle wrote:

Thanks, Scott, but it looks like these links are for Virtual Machine
running on Windows Server 2008.  I can't find anything on Windows 7's
virtualization.

Hey - it was 4am here (at the time)! :-D
Yes, I noticed they were for WS2008 - it's what I could find, and where
I thought I'd find clues to the differences between VPC2007 and VPCW7.
Having endured the indignity of reboots, and (shudder) a validation
check, I'm just starting a VPC install as I type. Vm in a vm... wearing
gloves, no debugger running, honest, NOP, NOP, NOP ;-p
More  (hopefully) later...

Cheers

I really do appreciate the work - especially at 4AM!

I did get a little farther. I stopped gdm and tried it from a command prompt; no change. So I brought up gdb and found the illegal instruction is in libproc-3.2.7.so.

Not knowing much about gdb, this is as far as I've gotten so far. I need to look into it more to see how to display the appropriate disassembly. Also, are debug versions of the modules (with symbols) available?

And something I should have clarified earlier - much of Debian works. But there are a few things here and there which don't - but enough to be a show stopper.