Re: ps - Illegal Instruction

 On 21/09/10 11:08, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
> On 9/20/2010 1:18 PM, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>>   On 20/09/10 10:15, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>>> This is a new install of Lenny on Windows 7 Virtual PC.  I basically
>>> took the defaults, with a couple of changes to get it to install and
>>> get gnome's display correct.
>>>
>>> I still have several problems, which may be related.  The easiest one
>>> to find is an "Illegal Instruction" when I run a simple ps command.
>>> This occurs whether I run as a user or root.
>>>
>>> I've done a lot of looking, but don't seem to find anything similar.
>>> Does anyone have any ideas?
>>>
>>> I'm still pretty much a noob on Linux, so please be gentle :)
>>>
>>> TIA.
>>>
>>> Jerry
>>>

>> Perhaps some of the links off this link might be useful
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/search/SearchResults.aspx?q=linux&sections=4122
>>
>> Cheers
>>

> Thanks, Scott, but it looks like these links are for Virtual Machine
> running on Windows Server 2008.  I can't find anything on Windows 7's
> virtualization.

Hey - it was 4am here (at the time)! :-D
Yes, I noticed they were for WS2008 - it's what I could find, and where
I thought I'd find clues to the differences between VPC2007 and VPCW7.
Having endured the indignity of reboots, and (shudder) a validation
check, I'm just starting a VPC install as I type. Vm in a vm... wearing
gloves, no debugger running, honest, NOP, NOP, NOP ;-p
More  (hopefully) later...

Cheers

--
*In case you never receive this mail, please notify me immediately*