Re: ps - Illegal Instruction

On 9/20/2010 7:20 PM, Mark Allums wrote:
On 9/20/2010 10:03 AM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:

I appreciate the comments, but people just don't understand. Another
virtual machine is NOT an option here. I either get it to work under
Virtual PC or have to toss Debian all together. There are no other
choices. The decision is totally out of my hands.

It is possible to install Virtual PC 2007 (and then the update to it) on
Windows 7. I suggest doing so and trying that. Win 7 won't upgrade from
XP with 2007 installed, but once Win 7 is running, you can reinstall it.
I had better luck with it than I did with the Win 7 version of VPC. Keep
in mind, I was quite literal and serious when I said that Virtual PC is
for running older MS OS products *only*. Microsoft doesn't give a rat's
ass if you can't run Debian on it. *They* will tell you to get Server
2008 R2.

That may be a possibility. I'll check it out. But getting Server 2008 is not.

If you get this to work, you should do the world a favor and write a
HOWTO about it, and post it where it can be found by one and all.

I will if I can - but if the others here who know more than I can't get it to work, then I'll have to toss the entire idea. Too bad - I really wanted to introduce them to Linux.