Re: ps - Illegal Instruction

On 9/20/2010 7:51 PM, Mark Allums wrote:
On 9/20/2010 10:03 AM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:

I appreciate the comments, but people just don't understand. Another
virtual machine is NOT an option here. I either get it to work under
Virtual PC or have to toss Debian all together. There are no other
choices. The decision is totally out of my hands.

Let me guess:

You are already running Virtual PC with something, maybe running an old
app in XP Mode. Other VMs running at the same time as VPC causes the
dreaded BSOD. Your boss won't let you migrate the old app in XP mode to
a new VM.

AmIright?

Not exactly, but close enough. The bottom line is - it's either Virtual PC or no Debian. There is no other choice.

The problem is still Virtual PC, because it doesn't play nice with other
virtualization programs running at the same time.

For instance, I routinely run Virtualbox and NMware Desktop
simultaneously. But if I forget and start XP mode while either or both
are running---BOOM! BSOD.

I recommend moving whatever you are running over to VMware server and
ditch VPC and XP mode. I sorry if I have guessed wrong or your boss
won't let you.

As I've said repeatedly - impossible.