Re: Does the HDCP crack have any implications for Debian?

On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 10:51:21 +1000
Scott Ferguson <prettyfly.productions@gmail.com> wrote:
> The key is legitimate (confirmed by Intel)  - what has been
> misreported is that the key is used for encrypting the contents of
> the disk... the disks are encrypted using AACS,  it's the stream from
> the player to the screen that is encrypted with HDCP.
> The key (I want it printed on a bedsheet) is most likely to turn up
> in a FPGA board, to be used by people wanting to rip the stream (need
> fast RAID and a few TB of space).

You would need around about 1TB of space for 1 movie uncompressed and
the FPGA/raid would need to be able to sustain around about 120-200MB/s.

So it would need to be a highend FPGA/Raid, but the whole thing could
probs be had for around about £1000 + disks.

------
Regards,

Angus Hedger

Debian GNU/Linux User	PGP Public Key 0xEE6A4B97