Re: wireless quits every few hours

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 3:25 AM, John <nesredep@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 2:30 AM, Andrei Popescu
> <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Please post the relevant line from 'lspci'
>
> At the moment, it's still working, but here's the line from lspci:
>
> 02:02.0 Network controller: AIRONET Wireless Communications Cisco
> Aironet Wireless 802.11b

Ok, Andrei, I finally get it now.  I just removed the module called
airo from the kernel (networking died), and replaced it, and did the
"networking start" thing and, indeed, the networking came back to
life.

If that works when I run into the random network death, I can quickly
revive things.  Thanks.

I wonder why the linux driver for one of the oldest standard wifi
cards (Cisco aironet) doesn't work properly, but Windows does.  Don't
see that too often.

John