Re: anacron mail encoding

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 15:11:51 +0200, Malte Forkel wrote:

> Am 16.09.2010 13:00, schrieb Camaleón:
>
>> As per "man 5 crontab":

(...)

>> Which does not comply with your e-mail (provided that there is no
>> "Content-Type:"). So if "anacron" is using the same routine to send e-
>> mails than "cron", it looks like a bug/error here to me.
>>
>> Anyway, you can try the bypass suggested by the manual (define
>> "CONTENT_TYPE" and "CONTENT_TRANSFER_ENCODING" variables in the
>> offending anacron task.
>>

> I don't think its cron's fault. My guess is this: cron runs anacron jobs
> which in turn execute all the tasks cron would execute itself otherwise.
> Because anacron executes multiple tasks, it does no fail just because
> one of its tasks fails. As long as anacron does not fail, there is no
> reason for cron to send a mail. Rather, all mail is send by anacron
> itself. And anacron does not supply Content-* headers as cron would :-(

Okay, but if "anacron" shares the same blob routine for sending e-mails
to the user, the code that creates the e-mail has to add the right
headers (for both, cron and anacron jobs) which is not the case, or
that's at least my understaning :-?

> I think I have to convince anacron to use Content-* headers. But I'm not
> sure I can do that with the environment variables that cron uses.

My guess is that you have to add them in the same manner (in the same
file) you configured the "MAILTO=" variable.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón