Re: anacron mail encoding

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 17:54:17 +0200, Malte Forkel wrote:

> I'm using anacron for some tasks on a machine running Lenny. Error
> output from those jobs send by email looks strange in Thunderbird.

"Anacron" or "cron"? It seems they are two different packages :-?

> Mails send by cron supposedly respect the locale and include a content
> type header, see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=405335
> (cron does not send mail with good encoding) and
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=410057 (cron should
> send email with UTF-8 charset as it's default in Etch).

Those bug reports are for "cron" and should be already fixed.

> But mail from anacron seems to be lacking the proper header (something
> like Content/type: text/html; charset=utf-8) and therefor looks strange
> in Thunderbird until I force it to use the UTF-8 encoding?
>
> Should my analysis be correct, how can I get anacron to add the proper
> header?

Mmm, can you upload a sample of the e-mail you are getting so we can take
a look into the header? Of course, the e-mail sample should not contain
private data :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón