Re: anacron mail encoding

Am 15.09.2010 10:51, schrieb Camaleón:

> "Anacron" or "cron"? It seems they are two different packages :-?

Yes, they are. As far as I understand it, anacron makes sure that cron
jobs are run even if the machine is not up 24/7.

> Those bug reports are for "cron" and should be already fixed.

I guess they are. I wasn't sure at first whether anacron sends mail
itself or utilizes cron. When looking for answers, I stumbled across the
cron bugs mentioned. Mail from cron should have the proper content
header. Judging from the header of the mail I received (see below), I
guess that it was sent by anacron.

> Mmm, can you upload a sample of the e-mail you are getting so we can take
> a look into the header? Of course, the e-mail sample should not contain
> private data :-)

Sure. Here  are the header and some lines from the mail I received,
somewhat edited to protect my privacy and save bandwidth: