Re: anacron mail encoding

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 10:02:14 +0200, Malte Forkel wrote:

> Am 15.09.2010 10:51, schrieb Camaleón:
>>
>> Mmm, can you upload a sample of the e-mail you are getting so we can
>> take a look into the header? Of course, the e-mail sample should not
>> contain private data :-)
>>
> Sure. Here  are the header and some lines from the mail I received,
> somewhat edited to protect my privacy and save bandwidth:
>
> --- snip ---
> Betreff: Anacron job 'cron.daily' on server Von: Anacron
> <root@server.domain.tld> Datum: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 07:44:48 +0200 An:
> root@server.domain.tld

(...)

Thanks :-)

But the interesting part should be in the e-mail "header" not the "body"
of the message (I would like to see "Content-Type:" and "Content-Transfer-
Encoding:" part). Better if you send (or upload to pastebin¹) the whole
message intact, just delete delicated data.

As per the sample you sent above, the characters seem indeed badly
encoded somehow.

¹http://www.pastebin.com

Greetings,

--