Re: Why can't ID3 tags be modified in GNOME file's properties?

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 22:50:17 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> For mp3 files, one generally needs to use a tag editor, or an advanced
> music player to modify ID3 tags. However, ID3 tags can be displayed by
> GNOME using Properties > Audio on the selected file. But they can't be
> edited. Why is there no such option?

It should be a nice idea, indeed.

Not just for ID3 tags, but editing any kind of metadata (such "exif" for
images, or for video meta-information).

Anyway, I found that -generally speaking- in Linux world, developers like
small programs for dedicated actions (but performing well) instead
bloating programs with lots of functions with high predisposition to lag
the user's system :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón