Re: aptitude called chromium-browser "obsolete"

On 09/08/2010 01:31 PM, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
Hi,

Gilbert Sullivan<whirlygig@comcast.net>  writes:

I don't remember seeing chromium-browser on the removal lists. Did I
miss it, or is something else afoot?

Chromium has been removed[1] from testing yesterday.  See also the
discussion[2] on debian-release@l.d.o.

Regards,
Ansgar

[1]<http://packages.qa.debian.org/c/chromium-browser/news/20100908T163916Z.html>
[2]<http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2010/09/msg00007.html>

Thank you very much for that information. It's very interesting.

I was vaguely aware that a lot has been happening with Google's Chrome and chromium-browser and was wondering if the huge changes were going to affect chromium-browser's availability in the new stable. I guess they are.

Sounds like it isn't going to be a serious issue, though, for anyone who really wants to use it with Squeeze, since it will be available through backports.

I appreciate your reply. And I'm sorry for creating noise.

Regards,
Gilbert