Re: How can I create a FAT32 or NTFS FS

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 6:48 PM, Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, 6 Sep 2010 10:32:12 +0300
Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

> You are probably missing the packages dosfstools and ntfsprogs. They are
> both 'Suggested' by gparted, but not 'Recommended' because most
> GNU/Linux users should not need them.

I suppose that's debatable.  I never touch Windows unless I have to,
but I do often need to sneaker-net files between my Debian system and
other Windows systems via USB flash drive, which therefore must be
manipulated via dosfstools ...

dosfstools, libfuse2, ntfs-3g, and ntfsprogs are pretty much essential to have full Windows file compatibility for copying/sharing functions, at least in my experience.