Re: iomega 2TB external USB drive

On 9/6/2010 9:22 PM, John Lindsay wrote:
Hi Celelar

Just going through
'applications->Debian->applications->system->administration' and started
up 'gnome partition editor'. It showed me that its file system is ntsf;
its mountpoint is /mnt; its label is IOMEGA HDD; total size is 1.82TB
and I have used 61.37 GB.
It is mounted -- but not visible on the desktop. I first used it to
backup my win7 drive -- I wonder if I were to repartition it would it
then be visible to the desktop? The data that is on the drive is just a
backup of my win7 and of no real concern at this time.

John

It may help a little to change the label to something not containing a whitespace character. This may not be the source of your problem, but it could be a cause of other problems. The architects of the *nixes never really planned for spaces inside file names, I think. You can use them, but some programs may be confused by them. Better to avoid it by using hyphens, dots, and underscores.