Re: .xsession kills X server with sqeeze/fluxbox

On Lu, 06 sep 10, 01:36:16, s. keeling wrote:

> Not using a graphical login is different from using one, in my
> experience.  No XDGdm means ~/.xinitrc, so here's my ~/.xinitrc:

JFTA, X starts just fine without an ~/.xinitrc. Use
'update-alternative --config x-session-manager' as root to choose the
session manager and then 'startx' as user.

This works at least with openbox. For other window managers you might
need to adjust the x-window-manager link instead.

Regards,
Andrei