Re: Can I sudo rsync to remote

On Wed, 01 Sep 2010 14:41:11 +0100, Alan Chandler wrote:

>  > Under such setting what's the easiest approach to rsync files that I
>  > can't read locally and write remotely as me.
>
> : : :
> I tend to use . . . so
> in your case you would do

 rsync files that_remote_place:/path

THANKS A THOUSAND for your clear, practical and comprehensive
explanation. I followed it step by step and was able achieve what I
wanted.

JFTA, I move the mechanize to my local root account so now I can do

 sudo rsync files that_remote_place:/path

so as to rsync files that I can't read locally and write remotely as me.
Hooray!

THANKS AGAIN!

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)